About Six Degrees
You've probably heard of the Six Degrees concept. Any one person (including me, Kevin Bacon) is connected to any other person through six or fewer relationships, because it's a small world. SixDegrees.org is about using this idea to accomplish something good. It's social networking with a social conscience.
Through this web site, you can support your favorite charities by donating or creating a social fundraiser — as well as check out the favorite causes of other people, including celebrities. You can also pay it forward with Good Cards® - gift cards for charity that can be redeemed as a donation to more than 1 million charities.
www.SixDegrees.org was started with the nonprofit Network for Good in January 2007, more than 10 years after the game, 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' made the rounds of college campuses and lived on to be a shorthand term for the small world phenomenon.
Six Degrees Partners:
- Network for Good, the nonprofit organization that hosts this web site and helps people support all of their favorite charities online.
- Pepsi Refresh Project generously awarded Six Degrees a grant to pay it forward with Good Cards® - gift cards for charity.
- StayClassy powers the cool social fundraising campaign tool on the site.
- USA WEEKEND partners with us to allow people to make donations to their favorite charities in support of Make A Difference Day
- 6 Days of Good Challenge partners are listed at www.sixdegrees.org/celebrityambassadors
I want to thank those partners — and especially, I want to thank you, for making a difference in this small world.
All the best,